Sunday, August 30, 2015

Bon Mot Serenade - Day 2

'Keep on, keeping on'.  I was probably 8 or 10 years old when my childhood pastor used that phrase.  He was a man with a gentle spirit.  He was loved deeply by the congregation.  I recall he came to our Sunday School class and told his story.  He was badly scarred on his face from burns caused by an accident involving gasoline. But he overcame, was faithful, and ministered in a wonderful way.

The youth at our church (and the leaders as well) were challenged with this question: where do you want to be in your spiritual life by this Christmas?  My personal answer is to be faithful in the little things.  In other words, to keep on keeping on.

NF, who is part of the Air1 Positive Hits Tour #PositiveHitsTour, captures that idea in his new song.  He actually talked about getting into God's Word as part of his personal mandate to keep on.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14 (NIV)




Be sure to check out NF on the Air1 Positive Hits Tour. Get more info at Air1.

No comments:

Post a Comment