Saturday, August 29, 2015

Bon Mot Serenade

I won't mention any names, but a certain home-school mom is well known for falling asleep at the school table.  In fact, dictation is a subject that usually results in nodding off mid-sentence.  Now my kids and I (whoops, did I spill the freshly sharpened pencils out of the proverbial school box?) would never blame that mom for being sleepy.  She gets up early to jog and begin the day, she stays up late grading papers and washing clothes.

At any rate, this mom that I have not named, is a picture of our Christian churches working so hard day and night, yet asleep in the light.  My passion for Christian music of all genres began with my introduction to Keith Green's song Asleep In The Light.  This song first appeared on his album No Compromise.

For the next month, I want to share a song a day to listen and reflect upon (ENJOY) and a bon mot (literally, good word) from God's Word.

The first entry is a classic transformation song (see Romans 12:2) by Keith Green. It's time to wake up church!

This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” Ephesians 5:14 (NIV)

 
Keith Green - Asleep in the Light from theblessedhope on GodTube.

See more on Keith Green's music in the Grace Rocks Song Concordance

gracerockmedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment