Monday, August 31, 2015

Bon Mot Serenade Day 3

My favorite Christian fiction is by Frank Peretti: This Present Darkness and the sequel, Piercing The Darkness.  The stories are both suspenseful and thrilling adventures of battles between Angels and Saints on the Lord's side versus Demons and Anti-Christians on the side of evil.  The theme of each story is the power of prayer to aid the Godly and defeat the demonic.

When I noticed the band Piercing the Darkness, I was naturally curious.  Listening to their lyrics, it was easy to see they are taking a bold stand for their faith.  There are no diluted ambiguous themes in their lyrics.  Like the Frank Peretti stories, I feel they are poking evil spirits in the eye with their blunt and powerful message.

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment