Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bon Mot Serenade - Day 4 Only a fool...

I was so annoyed today when I saw on Twitter that Geoff Moore was thanking his supporters for funding his Kickstarter campaign.  It's AWESOME that Geoff Moore plans to put out a new album...more awesome that his fans backed him!  I'm just disappointed that I didn't know about his campaign.  I would have loved to say I helped get his new album out.

Oh well, I suppose it is foolishness on my part.  I'll get his album when it becomes available. Sadly, I couldn't afford to go fishing with Geoff in a Michigan stream anyway.  And... I hope his album does super well and reaches a young audience, because his music has been a treasure to me.

From his days on the cassette, The Distance, playing 'Winning Back the Rock' to his more recent albums, the more a person listens to his music the more often you'll hear his lyrics whipping through your head without realizing it.  One of those songs I listen to over and over again is called 'Only a Fool' from his Threads album.

In 'Only a Fool', Geoff sings of people who have made a choice that seems foolish to friends, family, and the world.  Why exchange opportunity and riches for little invisible things like serving someone out of a love for Jesus? Only a fool...

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV)

Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. 1 Corinthians 3:18-19a (NIV)




Check out Geoff Moore in the Grace Rocks Song Concordance for more of his songs and their related Bible Verses and topics.  Grace Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment