Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bon Mot Serenade - Day 17 - Save Me

We are Lois Lane--dangling from a rope hanging high above the streets of Metropolis.
We are Steve Trevor--captured by a Nazi Colonel bent on breaking the American soldier.
We are Polly Purebred--tied up and left on a railroad track by Simon Bar Sinister.

We need a hero--will someone come to our rescue?

We are the supporting characters in an animated adventure, earnestly crying out for our hero to appear in the nick of time.  Just like Lois Lane, Steve Trevor, and Polly Purebred, episode after episode we seem to get ourselves in trouble.

Our enemy is constantly laying traps. Somehow, we never get wise, we always fall into them.

What did the psalmist say?

Save me from my enemies, for you are just! Rescue me! Bend down your ear and listen to my plea and save me. Psalm 71:2 (TLB)

I think you know who our hero is, but who is our real enemy? Lex Luthor... Adolph Hitler?

Roman 7:19-20 make it clear that WE are the enemy.  We are the arch-villains-- our own nature of sin battles against us AND our hero, constantly putting our lives and souls in peril.

For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (NIV)

In spite of our follies, if we cry out, HE will save!



Bon Mot Serenade

A good word and a song of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment